In sheet metal bending, the factors that affect bending include sheet metal materials, press brake tooling, machinery and people.
Now, let us describe in detail below:
– The straightness of the plate reference surface directly affects the precision of the bending work piece.
– The straightness is approximately straight, the higher the accuracy of the bent work piece.
– When bending the sheet metal, we need to consider the stress.
– If the stress on the plate before bending is uneven, such as high stress in some places and low stress in some places, the deformation of the plate will be different after the folding of the plate. That also affects precision press brake machine bending work.
– When the thickness of each part of the same sheet is the same, the bending precision of the work piece is higher.
– When the thickness of the same batch of plates is the same, the repeat error of the whole batch of work pieces is smaller.
– If the thickness is inconsistent, some thick and some thin, the precision of the folded work piece will be different.
– Therefore, when selecting plates, we have to consider:
Whether the straightness of the plates is consistent?
Whether the plates are uniformly stressed?
Whether the thickness of the plates is consistent?
These are all material factors that affect the precision of bending work pieces.
Is the press brake tooling accurate?
– The precision press brake tooling also determines the accuracy of the bending work piece.
– When the accuracy of the tooling itself is not high, the accuracy of the bent work piece is not high.
– Before bending, make sure that the edge and angle of the upper dies are consistent with the notch of the lower dies.
Whether the die compensation device of the bending machine is accurate?
– The precision press brake dies compensation device is also an important factor that directly influences the accuracy of the bending work.
– The numerically controlled compensation device can more accurately compensate for different positions of the plate.
– Manual adjustment requires artificial compensation for different positions of the plate, so that the accuracy of each position of the plate is consistent.
Press brake dies clamp
– After the top punch is installed: if clamp precision is not high, the overall bending machine precision will not be high. As a result, the precision of bending work piece is not high.
– Therefore, we must ensure the accuracy of quick clamping, press brake tooling and workbench die compensation before start working.
These are all tooling factors that affect the precision press brake bending.
The accuracy of mechanical manufacturing of each part of the press brake machine determines the precision CNC press brake fabrication.
– The straightness of the clamping opening of the slider of the bending machine should be high.
– The repetitive positioning accuracy and arbitrary positioning accuracy of Y1 and Y2 need to be high.
– The clearance between the slider of the bending machine and the guide rail of the frame needs to be appropriate.
– The verticality and inclination of the frame need to be suitable.
– The connection between the oil cylinder and the slider needs to be consistent left and right.
– Frame and slider need high strength and high accuracy.
– The back gauge system needs high repeat positioning accuracy and arbitrary positioning accuracy.
As long as each mechanical part is in place, the accuracy of the folded work piece can be good.
These are all mechanical factors that affect the accuracy of bending.
The human factors here mainly refer to the operators.
– Whether the left and right thrusts are the same when people push and bend the iron plate?
When the worker pushes the board, the left and right thrust must be the same. And the left and right must be pushed to the back gauge. The accuracy of the folded work piece will be high.
– Manual operation has great differences, unpredictability and control, and variability.
Of course, many qualified factories have begun to use unmanned automatic production lines.
Robotic precision press brake can greatly reduce the influence of manual on bending accuracy and workpiece consistency.
SHENCHONG is the precision CNC press brake machine fabricator. In order to manufacture the higher-precision sheet metal machines, we pay attention to these factors that affect the accuracy of bending. We will continue to improve.