On metal V Grooving machine, we slot a V-shaped groove at the position where the metal sheet needs to be bent, and then bend on bending machine as required.
The characteristics of the groove bending process mainly include the following three aspects:
– After grooving the sheet metal, the remaining thickness of the sheet becomes half of the original thickness, or even smaller, so that the work piece arc radius after the bent can be greatly reduced.
– In addition, because the remaining thickness is thinner after grooving, the deformation force during bending will be reduced accordingly, and will not spread to the unbent area. So after bending, there are no creases on the surface of the work piece. And the less bending pressure avoid the risk of indentation on the decorative surface.
In this way, small arc radius, no creases or no indentation on the decorative surface, which meet the decoration of high-end places such as hotels, banks, commercial centers, airports, etc.
In the bending process, the thicker the sheet metal, the greater the bending force required. After slotting the sheet metal on CNC metal V-Grooving machine, the remaining thickness of the sheet is greatly reduced.
So that the bending force required will also be correspondingly reduced, the thick plate bending can be finished on a smaller tonnage press brake machine. This not only reduces the investment in equipment, but also saves energy and space.
Complex shape work piece bending and control of resilience
The work piece shown in the figure, which cannot be bent into shape on a general bending machine, but if we slot it on CNC metal V Grooving machine firstly, the work piece can be completed with some manual bending on the press brake machine.
In addition, the remaining thickness of the plate can be controlled by CNC sheet metal V Grooving machine, which will help to control rebound force and the rebound angle when bending.
If the remaining thickness after grooving is controlled at about 0.03mm on metal V-grooving machine, the rebound angle can be made small, the rebound can be basically ignored.
For the bending process, the quality of the bending mainly depends on the bending angle and size. When bending, in order to ensure the size and angle of the bending, the following aspects need to be paid attention to.
– The upper and lower tools are not aligned with each other, which will cause errors in the bending dimensions. So the upper and lower tools must be aligned before bending.
– If the machine back gauge rear stop positions are moved, the relative position of the sheet metal and the lower die may change, which will affect the bending size. So before bending, we need re-measure the position and distance of the rear stop.
– If the work piece is not parallel to the lower die, it will cause bending rebound and affect the bending angle. So the parallelism must be measured and adjusted before bending.
– When the primary bending angle is insufficient, the secondary bending will also be affected. The accumulation of bending errors will increase the forming size and angle errors of the work piece. Therefore, it is particularly important to ensure the accuracy of single-sided bending.
– When bending, the size of the lower die V groove is inversely proportional to the bending pressure. So, when processing different thickness sheet metal, it is necessary to select the appropriate lower die V-groove . Generally, 6-8 times the plate thickness is the best choice.
– When the grooved work piece bent on press brake machine, we need make sure that the edge of the upper die, the bottom V-shaped groove of the work piece and the V groove of the lower die are on the same vertical plane.
– When bending the grooved work piece, in order to prevent knife clamping, Shenchong always control upper tool angle at about 84°.
Sheet metal V Grooving machine, as a new type of bending process, is the result of market choice. Shenchong has been dedicated to the research and production of sheet metal V-Grooving machine for 10 years, continue to explore and pursue new technology, users can produce more excellent products.